As Ireland's newest regional airline, we are committed to exceeding the expectations of our customers and airline partners. We're all hands on deck, all working towards a common goal of delivering on the unique needs of our customers. At Emerald Airlines we believe our company’s roots and culture set us apart from other airlines. We are a tight-knit organisation with an emphasis on collaboration, communication and cohesion. Like any family, our business has a beating heart, made-up of our hard-working and dedicated team.
We are delighted to confirm that we are seeking applications for the position of Aircraft Engineer.
Based at Head Office, Hangar 5, Dublin Airport, this is a full time, permanent role. You may be required to work at various locations to support the operation as the need arises and should be flexible to travel at short notice.
- Ensure that all specified scheduled line maintenance as instructed by supervisors or the Airworthiness Control Engineer (ACE) work scope is completed.
- Meet as requested the Operators flights and ensure work orders are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Only certify work, or exercise special authorisation privileges, for which they hold a current PAC authorisation.
- Ensure that all spares received to install on an aircraft are eligible to be fitted to the aircraft, compliant with and match the attached paperwork regarding Part Number, Serial Number, Service Life Limitations, Airworthiness Directives, storage life limitations and any other Form 1 stated requirements.
- Ensure spares are ordered for all open HILS using AMOS.
- Continuous liaison with the Shift Supervisor or ACE as applicable, throughout the shift to minimize delays to operating schedule.
- Complete in full all engineering documents and labels and inform the ACE of all arising defects especially any that reoccur.
- Review all relevant Notices
- Completion of all maintenance in accordance with the approved maintenance material i.e. AMM/IPD/FIM/SRM/SB/SIL, etc.
- Ensure they are familiar with the relevant manufacturer data.
- Wear the required personal protective equipment for the task at hand. Notify supervisor if the required safety equipment is unavailable or requires replacement.
- Comply with all warnings specified in maintenance manuals especially with regard to health and safety matters.
- Ensure that any tooling required to complete a task is the correct PN and if required, calibration is in date. Inform supervisor of any tool you find out of calibration.
- Consult the defects database on the re-occurrence of any defect for research purposes to avoid needless component replacements and improve quality of troubleshooting.
- Ensure working areas, break area and maintenance vehicles are kept in a clean and tidy condition.
- Ensure all tooling is returned to tool stores at the end of shift and that AMOS is updated to reflect the tools location.
- Ensure the tooling area is kept in a clean condition and any breakages are repaired or reordered as necessary
- Ensure all ground equipment is secure and refuelled prior to end of shift.
- Be aware of the cold weather procedure and ensure that it is implemented when required. All aircraft departing during icing conditions are to be inspected 1 hour prior to departure and de-icing Operations advised of the status of the aircraft.
- Be aware of the local high winds procedure and ensure it is put in place when required.
- Inform the LMM if any engineer is not carrying out his/her duties as requested by the Shift Supervisor or the ACE.
- Ensure station delay reports are completed within Event Tracking before the end of the day
- Hold a valid EASA Part 66 B1.1 / B2/ CAT A licence
- Licence endorsed with ATR 72-212A (-600) Type rating - Additional Types are a plus
- Able to demonstrate recency of 6 month’s experience in the last two consecutive years on the ATR 72-212A - 600 aircraft.
- Full clean driver licence.
- Be well organised with very good attention to detail.
- Be comfortable working to strict deadlines on multiple tasks and projects as part of a team.
- Take responsibility for tasks, with the ability to see tasks through to fruition.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- You will be a reliable, hardworking and honest individual committed to teamwork and excellence.
- Flexibility is key, as is a person who can think outside of the box, identify opportunities for improvement and provide solutions.
At Emerald Airlines, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where people are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Integrated into our core values is our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a diverse workforce is central to our success. We’re friends, we’re teammates, we’re collaborators, we’re all hands on deck.