As Ireland's newest regional airline, we are committed to exceeding the expectations of our customers and airline partners. We're all hands on deck, all working towards a common goal of delivering on the unique needs of our customers. At Emerald Airlines we believe our company’s roots and culture set us apart from other airlines. We are a tight-knit organisation with an emphasis on collaboration, communication and cohesion. Like any family, our business has a beating heart, made-up of our hard-working and dedicated team.
You will be part of a highly motivated team delivering outstanding service to our customers. Working with a fleet of modern specialised catering trucks, you will have the opportunity to transport and load catering uplifts across our fleet of aircraft.
You will contribute to the successful day to day functions of the business, ensuring all targets are met and the highest standards of quality, accuracy, safety and hygiene are maintained.
- Driving HGV 15 – 18 tonne company liveried vehicles in a secure & controlled environment
- Carrying out vehicle checks prior to use
- Loading and unloading catering uplifts to aircraft
- Liaison with flight crew and working in collaboration with other ground handling suppliers
- Maintaining the cleanliness and tidiness of the vehicle
- Adhering to all Road Traffic Acts and additional Airport By- laws
- Additional duties such as Bar and stores packing or search and sealing will be a daily requirement along with any associated paperwork.
- Fully comply with and to be responsible for all Emerald airlines and customer security procedures and property.
- To report all accidents and take the necessary preventative action.
- To be able to communicate effectively both verbally and non-verbally at all levels.
- To ensure that relevant entries are made in the diary log and that the log is checked at the beginning of each shift.
- To be totally flexible within the role
- Carry out quality checks with improvement action when required.
- Assist in follow-up of Quality Assurance/Health & Safety reports.
- To take on any other duties as and when required.
- Any additional warehouse duties
- Valid clean HGV CAT C Driving Licence (up to 3 points will be considered)
- Driver CPC qualification essential
- Previous HGV experience desirable, Airport Airside Driving would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the Road Traffic Act
- Previous experience in a similar role is a distinct advantage
- Good understanding of English, both written and verbal
- Good customer service skills
- Positive attitude to work
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Team player
At Emerald Airlines, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where people are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Integrated into our core values is our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a diverse workforce is central to our success. We’re friends, we’re teammates, we’re collaborators, we’re all hands on deck.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.