We are currently looking to recruit an Ground Operations Officer, based in our Dublin or Belfast base. Reporting to the Ground Ops Station Manager, this role is a unique opportunity to join the Operations team of Ireland’s newest airline, Emerald Airlines.
This is an exciting role for an ambitious individual with huge potential to develop and grow with the airline. The successful candidate will possess knowledge of airline ground operations with a focus on training and baggage tracing.
- Develop and deliver initial and recurrent training for ground handlers and ground operations team
- Provide onsite support and training to the station management team, airports and service providers in areas of product, departure control, aircraft handling and the operation of passenger and cargo doors
- Ensure compliance with company and regulatory requirements with training records
- Manage baggage tracing for all stations and reduce lost baggage through data and trend analysis
- Coordinate baggage irregularities for delayed, damaged and lost baggage
- Authorization of Baggage delivery invoices or credit requests on same for all stations.
- Devise and implement policies and procedures to further improve the efficiency and cost overheads of the baggage tracing area.
- Point of contact for Ground Ops Station Managers, Franchise Partners and Handling Partners for queries relating to lost and damaged baggage.
- Data Analysis from WorldTracer, Station Reports etc. to identify reason for loss and fault carriers and produce robust weekly and monthly reports for each station.
- Responsible for rebilling fault carriers where appropriate to repatriate any costs incurred by Emerald Airlines outside of our control.
- Provision of onsite support to stations where exceptional circumstances deem necessary.
Key Competencies / Skills Required:
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Strong technical and problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication skills across all levels
- Initiative, self-direction and motivation
- Relevant degree or at least four year’s relevant experience.
- Must be able to pass a 5 year background check
- Have permission to live and work in Ireland or the UK without restriction
- Knowledge of Montreal Convention, Baggage Tracing, Training,
- Experience with ASTRAL; Worldtracer
- Working in an aviation related environment