The Ground Operations Safety and Training Officer, based at our airside facility in Dublin Airport is responsible for the safety, security and regulatory compliance of our ground operations including the training of our ground crew.
- The Crew Planning Manager has been delegated Authority in all matters concerning safety, security and regulatory compliance of our ground operations including the training of our ground crew as specified under Duties and Responsibilities.
- To ensure operational continuity, if the Ground Ops Safety and Training Officer is not present, the Apron Ops Manager assumes responsibility for their duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the Ground Ops initial and recurrent training syllabus, programme and manual including storage of training records and planning of training.
- Manager the safety, security and compliance activities of the Ground Operations department, incl responsibility for identifying and reporting all occurrences and hazards and promoting a positive safety culture through training.
- Develop and integrate a Safety and Security Station Management System with the airline SMS
- Develop and manage a station Emergency Response Plan
- Monitor safety, security and regulatory compliance performance through internal and external reports, findings and audits
- Ensure timely completion of actions, investigations, root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action plans
- Make recommendations for continuous safety and security improvement across all operational areas
- Conduct safety and security risk assessments as and when required
- Support compliance with new and existing regulations and approved procedures.
- Producing weekly / monthly management reports and as required