The In-flight Catering & Retail Manager will oversee Emerald Airlines onboard retail program and catering functions in partnership with third-party vendors, including management of the contractual agreement, reduction of waste/shrinkage, adherence to contractual SLAs and ensuring the right products and provisioning levels are boarded as scheduled.
The candidate will also be responsible for optimisation of revenue, including product selection and promotion, Inflight crew sales, engagement and compliance with onboard sales techniques and procedures and will oversee the Inflight onboard technology program and will serve as a subject matter expert in hardware, software, and development of reports to drive actionable operations and financial performance.
- Oversee Emerald Airlines inflight retail program and catering functions in partnership with third-party vendors.
- Manage all aspects of the third-party vendor contractual agreement to ensure onboard retail offerings are delivered as scheduled and meet or exceed Emerald’s standards and revenue performance expectations.
- Analyse internal and external data and systems to ensure product offerings meet customer needs, drive robust inflight retail sales and maximize cost savings.
- Engage with Inflight crew to promote product offerings, introduce sales incentives and ensure compliance with onboard sales techniques and procedures.
- Recommend, develop and implement new or revised policies, standards, and procedures for in-flight meal and beverage services to increase revenue performance and support marketing/branding objectives.
- Track and forecast revenue performance, publish financial reports and analyse revenue results to identify and address revenue/cost performance gaps.
- Coordinate with internal departments when introducing new onboard retail products or when implementing new inflight service programs.
- Oversee Inflight onboard technology program including device selection, inventory, distribution, training and support.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in device hardware, software/point of sale application, and development of reports to drive actionable operations and financial performance.
- Minimum 3 years project and/or vendor/contract management experience required.
- Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or Retail preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis strongly preferred.
- Point of Sale technology and/or experience managing onboard technology program preferred.
- Airline experience desirable.
At Emerald Airlines, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where people are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Integrated into our core values is our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a diverse workforce is central to our success. We’re friends, we’re teammates, we’re collaborators, we’re all hands on deck.