Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement and maintain the Security Management System (SeMS) as well as maintaining compliance with the specific security requirements of Emerald Airlines.
- Ensure that the aviation security measures laid down in the National Civil Aviation Security Programme (NCASP) and directives are fully complied with.
- Maintain up to-date the Emerald Airlines Security Programme and ASTO manual to comply with EU and National aviation security requirements.
- Ensure swift detection and corrective actions are taken to address non-compliance and deficiencies.
- To ensure that Emerald Airlines Security Programme and ASTO manual is approved by the authority and includes provisions and procedures for addressing unauthorised breaches of security sensitive information or unauthorised disclosure of State security information to third parties, including other State organisations;
- To complete training and maintain his/her competencies as Security Manager in accordance with the applicable requirements.
- To ensure that approved aviation security controls are effectively implemented and maintained;
- Use performance measurement and monitoring to determine the effectiveness of the Security Management System and provide regular reports to the Accountable Manager and other Senior Management personnel.
- To encourage aviation security awareness and vigilance among all relevant staff and visitors to the regulated site;
- Ensuring Emerald Airlines is represented on all relevant Airport Security Committees;
- To ensure an ability to respond effectively to acts of unlawful interference with civil aviation, attempts to commit such acts and threats thereof;
- To recommend security features for incorporation into plans for the modification of existing facilities and for new construction;
- To report and maintain a record of all occurrences of unlawful interference attempted or otherwise;
- To ensure that sufficient resources, in the form of trained personnel, and suitable equipment where appropriate, shall be made available by the regulated entity to enable her/him to fulfil her/his responsibilities;
- Close liaison with franchise partner Air Carrier Security Department.
- Commensurate with the scale of the regulated entities operations in Ireland, facilitate and support the appropriate authority during European Commission and other State audits and inspections conducted in the State.
Minimum Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous experience as an Air Carrier Security Manager within Ireland or an EU Member state.
- Knowledge of applicable officially recognised standards, including ICAO annex 17, European and National security regulations and IOSA Standards and Recommended Practices.
- Proficiency in information systems with a strong focus on communication and literary skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Strong organisational and investigative skills.
- This position requires you to travel across the Emerald Airlines network and to maintain a full driving licence.