In order to manage our business, we collect Personal Data. This is information that can identify you, such as your name, contact details, booking reference, payment details and your access to our website.
Personal Data also includes information you provide about other people such as your dependants and/or travelling companions. By providing Personal Data about other persons you confirm you have made them aware of our use of their Data set out in this Notice. We are committed to protecting your privacy and will be clear and transparent about the Personal Data we collect and what we do with it.
This Notice sets out the basis on which we control, process, and disclose Personal Data we collect. It applies whether you are a past, current or prospective customer. It also applies to other people whose Data you provide to us in connection with our relationship with you (for example, travelling companions, dependants, or emergency contacts).
THE INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect some or all of the following categories or Personal Data from you when you book a flight with Emerald Airlines, this includes indirectly through our partner Aer Lingus.
- Name, Gender, address, e-mail address, contact number, Nationality, passport or other ID card numbers and details.
- Payment details such as credit or debit card
- Advance Passenger Information. API includes the ID document type, number, expiry date and country of issuance along with nationality, family name, given name, gender, date of birth, airline flight number. API is defined in S.I. No. 177/2018, known as the EU (Passenger Name Record Data) Regulations 2018.
Special Categories of personal data
- Personal details about your physical or mental health, alleged commission or conviction of criminal offences are considered “special categories of personal data “under the GDPR and applicable data protection laws. We will only process such data where you have given your explicit consent, for example where you request special assistance before or during a flight, we will need to provide this information to the staff or our service providers of those airports to and from which you will be flying so they can provide the assistance you have requested or where it is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of other people (for instance if you request special assistance), or you have deliberately made it public.
- When you have a specific medical condition, you need to inform us of that and in some instances provide us with a medical certificate. This is for your safety. Our General Terms & Conditions of Carriage provide more detail on what medical information you need to disclose to us
HOW WE OBTAIN YOUR DATA
We obtain your personal data directly from when you make a booking with us or with our airline partner.
We also obtain your personal data from others forms including your correspondence with us through letters, chat services, social media, email or telephone calls.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH YOUR PERSONAL DATA ARE USED
- Providing products and services you request. We use the Data you give us to perform the services you have asked for in relation to your flight, including requested flight changes.
- Assess eligibility for discounted travel or other special offers or promotions.
- To manage the boarding process and facilitate flight connections.
- Contacting you in the event of a flight time change, cancellation, or disruption. Communications about the services you have asked for and changes to such services are not made for marketing purposes and cannot be opted-out of
- Carrying out alterations to your travel arrangements necessitated by operational, weather or emergency reasons.
- Contacting dependants/next of kin/and/or persons nominated to be contacted, so we can respond appropriately to an emergency.
- Credit or other payment card verification. We use your payment information for accounting , billing, and audit purposes, and to detect and / or prevent fraudulent activities
- Customer surveys and/or competitions that you have agreed to participate in
- Administration of any loyalty program/s that you have elected to participate in.
- Dealing with complaints, disputes, and legal claims
- Carrying out analysis and market research.
- Immigration / Customs Control: - We may be obliged to provide your Data to border control agencies in your itinerary or to which your flight may fly over.
- Security and crime prevention/detection: - We may pass your Data to government authorities or enforcement bodies for compliance with legal requirements. Data is used for enforcement purposes, including threat analysis to identify potential terrorists, and other threats to national and public security. It focuses security resources on high risk concerns to facilitate safeguarding of bone-fide travellers.
- p) Marketing & offering tailored services. Solely with your consent we may use your Data to provide information we believe is of interest to you.
THIRD PARTIES WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR DATA
- Government authorities, law enforcement bodies, regulators and airports in your itinerary or to which your flight may fly over for compliance with legal requirements;
- GDS (Global Distribution System) agents through which you book your flight;
- Partner airlines required to deliver the services you have asked for;
- Trusted service providers we are using to run our business such as ground handling agents assisting our passengers at airports in all countries we operate in, call centres and flight connection service providers providing assistance to our customers, cloud service providers
- Legal and other professional advisers, law courts and law enforcement bodies in all countries we operate in, in order to enforce our legal rights in relation to our contract with you;
- Banking and payment partners to facilitate our requirement to process payments to/from customers.
Our website contains links to other websites. Once you use those links and leave our website, we do not have any control over that other website. We are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any data which you provide whilst visiting these other websites. They are governed by their own privacy statements.
You have the following rights under data protection law, although your ability to exercise these rights may be subject to certain conditions:
- The right to receive a copy of and/or access the personal data that Emerald Airlines holds about you, together with other information about our processing of that data;
- The right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected and incomplete data updated;
- The right, in certain circumstances, to request that we erase your personal data;
- The right, in certain circumstances, to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our use of your personal data or the way in which we process it;
- The right, in certain circumstances, to transfer your personal data to another organisation;
- The right to object to automated decision making and/or profiling; and
- the right to complain to the Data Protection Commissioner.
In order to exercise any of the above rights please contact us using the contact details set out below.
We will not retain your Personal Data for longer than necessary. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the Data. We also consider the purposes we process it for and if we can achieve those purposes through other means. We must retain some Data in order to meet legal obligations (e.g. in relation to claims for cancelled flights under EU Regulation 261/2004) and to deal with complaints, queries and to protect our legal rights in the event of a claim being made. When we no longer need your Data, we securely anonymise or delete it.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure with us and with the data processors who act on our behalf. We are continuously taking technical and organisational steps to better protect your information. Data Protection training has been made available to all staff.
While countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always have strong data protection laws, we require all services providers to process your information in a secure manner and in accordance with Irish and EU law on data protection. We utilise standard means under EU law to legitimise data transfers outside the EEA.
QUESTIONS & COMPLAINTS
If you are unhappy with the Company’s handling of your personal data, or believe that the requirements of data protection legislation may not be fully complied with, you should contact the Company’s Data Protection Office in the first instance. You also have the right to submit a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Please contact us if you have any questions about the data we hold about you or if you wish to exercise any of your rights:
Data Protection Officer, Email: email@example.com
Emerald Airlines Ireland Limited (Emerald Airlines)
1 Cian Park, Dublin, D09 K7F8, Ireland
Changes to this privacy notice
We will update this privacy statement from time to time. Please visit this page periodically for updates.
Updated on 07 May 2021