As Ireland's newest regional airline, we are committed to exceeding the expectations of our customers and airline partners. We're all hands on deck, all working towards a common goal of delivering on the unique needs of our customers. At Emerald Airlines we believe our company’s roots and culture set us apart from other airlines. We are a tight-knit organisation with an emphasis on collaboration, communication and cohesion. Like any family, our business has a beating heart, made-up of our hard-working and dedicated team.
We are delighted to confirm that we are seeking applications for the position of Airworthiness Control Engineer. Based in ACC, the ACE is the liaison between flight crew operating the aircraft, the CAMO and the AMOs performing line maintenance. This is a full time, permanent role. You may be required to work at various locations to support the operation as the need arises and should be flexible to travel at short notice.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Attend and chair the Daily Meetings as detailed in CAME 0.2.6.
- Initiation of SMS process’ when required as defined in CAME Part 2
- Management of interface between the Operator’s CAMO and line maintenance AMO(s).
- Coordinate defect rectification with AMO(s)
- Maintain the fleet status and disseminate to flight crews.
- Coordinate raising of allowable HILs at locations with no AMO support.
- Monitor and plan accomplishment of all upcoming forecasted maintenance requirements including AMP tasks not already assigned to a workpack
- generated by the Planning Department, WOs in advance of compliance limit and closure of HILs in a timely manner.
- The ACE shall issue a line maintenance workpack to the AMO as required for night stop aircraft.
- The ACE shall review completed line maintenance workpacks and workorder and update status in AMOS.
- Manage requests for MEL extensions when necessary.
- In conjunction with PLM, acceptance of aircraft from A check performing AMO.
- In conjunction with BMM, acceptance of aircraft from base maintenance AMO.
- Coordination of management of CVR and FDR when required in the event of accident or incident.
- In the event that a repair or modification is to be performed at short notice, and has not been reviewed by the responsible CAE, ensure it is compliant with the requirements of CAME 1.7.
- Review of ECTM or FDM data to determine if limitation has been exceeded.
- Requesting and co-ordination of MCF.
- Ensuring that sufficient downtime is requested from flight operations for scheduled maintenance, by assessing the relevant maintenance data and liaising with the certifying engineer.
- For AOG aircraft ensure a realistic period of time is allocated for repairs when liaising with operations on return to service.
- Attend the weekly technical delays meeting, occurrence review and reliability meetings
- Monitor all spare parts movements for items approaching expiry.
- Report any misuse of company approval to LMM and Quality Department.
- Ensure all open events on the AMOS Event Tracker are fully up to date.
- Monitor PDC daily ensuring all delays are entered into AMOS.
- Must hold a NFQ level 7 (or equivalent) qualification in an Engineering discipline (aeronautical, mechanical, electrical, electronic, avionic) or
- Hold a category A or B Part-66 aircraft maintenance licence.
- Have at least 5 years’ work experience in a CAMO/aircraft maintenance environment.
- Be well organised with very good attention to detail.
- Be comfortable working to strict deadlines on multiple tasks and projects as part of a team.
- Take responsibility for tasks, with the ability to see tasks through to fruition.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- You will be a reliable, hardworking and honest individual committed to teamwork and excellence.
- Flexibility is key, as is a person who can think outside of the box, identify opportunities for improvement and provide solutions.
At Emerald Airlines, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where people are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Integrated into our core values is our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a diverse workforce is central to our success. We’re friends, we’re teammates, we’re collaborators, we’re all hands on deck.