As Ireland's newest regional airline, we are committed to exceeding the expectations of our customers and airline partners. We're all hands on deck, all working towards a common goal of delivering on the unique needs of our customers. At Emerald Airlines we believe our company’s roots and culture set us apart from other airlines. We are a tight-knit organisation with an emphasis on collaboration, communication and cohesion. Like any family, our business has a beating heart, made-up of our hard-working and dedicated team.
The primary responsibility of the Operations Control Duty Manager (OCDM) is the management and supervision of the administrative arrangements involved in the operation of the Company's aircraft.
This includes the overall supervision of the operations control administration, including crew control, flight watch and the safe and efficient tactical management of all aspects of the Company's ground operations.
Particular responsibilities are:
- Carry out the duties as required to support, brief and assist the commander in dispatch of aircraft.
- Co-ordinate day-to-day aircraft allocation and scheduling with all relevant parties.
- Ensures optimum utilisation and aircraft resource is achieved to maintain punctuality cost effectively;
- Day to day supervision of the Operations Control Centre on shift ensuring coverage of all aspects of Operations Control.
- Responsible for any management tasks assigned by the Operations Director as required.
- Responsible for reviewing operations and crewing issues and making informed decisions with regard to schedule disruptions, on-time performance and customer care.
- Ensure regular liaison with other departments and senior management in order to provide and gather up to date information on the day to day operation.
- Ensure all Ops Control procedures are in compliance with mandatory regulations.
- In conjunction with the Operations Director review internal systems and procedures, and introduce initiatives as required.
- Monitor entry and accuracy of operational data input into the operations management system.
- Producing daily / weekly/ monthly reports and as directed by the Director of Operations.
- Manage disruptions to the flight schedule in conjunction with handling agents and other departments.
- Co-ordinate all flight planning issues with local ATC centres and Eurocontrol.
- Co-ordinate with ground handling in relation to radio calls from aircraft passing on estimated arrival times and parking stand allocations.
- Ensure that all flight tracking data is accurately entered into the Ops system.
- Liaise with Ops Crew Control regarding delays, cancellations and aircraft changes affecting pilots and cabin crew.
- Ensure that all flights have their correct crew compliment and that all roster changes, amendments and notifications are advised in a timely manner.
- Control and maintenance of all records, flight documents and data as required
At Emerald Airlines, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where people are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Integrated into our core values is our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a diverse workforce is central to our success. We’re friends, we’re teammates, we’re collaborators, we’re all hands on deck.