Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accomplish scheduled and random audits of all CAMO activities in accordance with the IAA approved Annual Audit Plan. This process will involve audit preparation, conducting the audit, issuing non-conformances, follow up and audit report compilation and issuing.
- The performance and recording of independent compliance audits both within the CAMO department and contracted/subcontracted activities on behalf of Emerald Airlines.
- Monitoring and follow up with the responsible manager/external auditee to ensure that agreed corrective action plan is accomplished within the agreed timeframe. Be responsible for reviewing the root causes and proposed corrective / preventive actions by the auditee and challenge timely implementation including the required evidence.
- Make recommendations to assist Nominated Persons in maintaining regulatory compliance and best industry practice in their area of responsibility.
- Monitor the implementation of any safety recommendations as identified by audits, hazard identification and risk assessments (HIRA) or incident reports. Follow up and processing of action items with hazard owners as a result of the HIRA process. (SMS 360 software)
- Update and develop the Continuing Airworthiness Management Exposition (CAME) manual, audit checklists, and the audit plan to keep abreast of amended regulations and maintain best practice and efficiencies.
- Liaison with the Authority, or other third parties, to facilitate external audits or queries.
- Monitoring of subcontracted operational activities to ensure they are compliant with Emerald Airlines Exposition (CAME), the contract/subcontract documents and the requirements of all current applicable regulations.
- Monitoring of the internal occurrence reporting system with the associated reviews and recording of all associated follow up actions. (SMS 360 software)
- Be available to travel to off-site locations in the performance of the outlined duties.
- Any other duties as reasonably required by the Compliance Monitoring and Safety Manager (CAMO)
Minimum Skills & Experience Required:
- A minimum of five years within an aviation maintenance (Part 145) or Part M/CAMO environment.
- Be the holder of an EASA type rated Part 66 licence or relevant aeronautical degree.
- Knowledge of applicable EASA (EU) No 1321/2014 Part V(c) CAMO regulations and IOSA Standards and Recommended Practices.
- Knowledge and experience of auditing techniques – Planning, conducting, analysing, and reporting. Compilation of final audit reports and processing of any resulting corrective/preventive actions.
- Knowledge of safety risks linked to working within an aviation environment, including associated human factors and performance limitations.
- Ability to identify and make recommendations to rectify existing and potential unsafe conditions.
- Proficiency in information systems with a strong focus on communication and literary skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Strong organisational and investigative skills.
- Position requires you to travel across the Emerald Airlines network and to maintain a full driving licence.
- Preferably hold formal aviation auditor training (EASA Part 145/CAMO)
- Formal Safety Management Systems training to include hazard identification and risk assessment.